VIAVI Solutions is looking for a technical leader to help grow and then lead a team of R&D staff developing its new Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics as a Service (NPMDaaS) product, ObserverLIVE. Network Diagnostic Tools operating from both Cloud and “On-premises” environments targeting both Enterprise and Service Provider markets.
The successful candidate will bring a unique blend of technical and management skills playing a pivotal leadership role in the development of VIAVI’s “state of the art” NPMDaaS product.
- Combine effectively and efficiently with the Agile Product Owner to develop and execute a winning product roadmap.
- Allocate resources as appropriate to ensure the technical integrity of the product while preserving feature development velocity.
- Translate the product roadmap into Product Backlog enabling the optimum allocation of team resources ultimately driving achievable, measurable, consistently successful Sprint outcomes.
- Continue to expand, focus and leverage personal and team knowledge base and technical abilities in constant pursuit of developing a superior product.
- Employ the Agile Product Development model to constantly optimize feature, time to market and project budget while maintaining an uncompromising high level of product quality.
- By example, foster and grow an environment of mutual respect, work ethic and strong teamwork within the group.
- Be an effective, contributing team member at the inter departmental level and at the intra R&D department level. Provide clear and unambiguous information and responses enabling leaders, peers and other disciplines to execute effectively.
- Support the key business infrastructure activities, e.g. Annual Operating Plan, employee hiring & reviews, monthly and quarterly budgeting.
- Leverage and advocate all aspects of the higher-level R&D strategic initiatives including architecture, shared services, consistent implementation and deployment strategies and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other numerate discipline.
- Total 10+ years of work experience implementing communication products targeting Service Provider and/or Enterprise
- Minimum 3+ years’ experiencemanaging a team of software developers.
- In-depth understanding of Voice, Video and Data Networks including key Layer 2,3 and 4 protocols.
- Software architecture, design, development and test paradigms ensuring efficient, modular, robust, high quality products targeting highly reliable networks.
- Software development of real-time Linux-based products heavily utilizing Open Source Software components e.g. Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana, Grafana, Open MQ, Kubernetes, Docker
- Multiple years executing projects in an AGILE/Test Driven Development software lifecycle.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications: (Some or all of the following)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other numerate discipline.
- A background in test and measurement of Voice, Video and Data Networks for Service Provider and/or Enterprise Networks.
- 3+ years’ experience in the design, development and test of a Test and Measurement product based on an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform e.g. AWS, Azure.
- Software architecture for distributed computing based on Microservices or Service Oriented Architectures using Spring Boot Framework or similar and associated tools.
- Intimate knowledge of the methods, procedures and tool chains supporting a Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) development model.
- In-depth understanding of database design techniques and utilization of “big data” Open Source components e.g. Apache Hadoop, Apache Storm, Elasticsearch, MongoDB.
- Experience with the development of sophisticated single page application (SPA) User Interfaces using Angular/AngularJS or similar tools.
- Experience with developing software products targeting the Software Defined Networking (SDN) market.
The benefits of working for VIAVI Solutions Romania
Very competitive salary
Flexible working schedule
Great local office
The possibility to make technological choices
It’s an R&D center. They create products; they are going to work with new technologies and put their brain to work.
International company culture