Job Description: Viavi Solutions has been pioneering solutions to enhance communication technologies for almost 100 years. We help our customers around the world optimize and maintain many of the world’s largest and most complex networks. Behind all the data that moves around the globe, are Viavi employees that see the big picture and who can untangle the complexities of global networks.
In order to best enable our customers’ success, we rely on talented software engineers who see opportunity where others see challenges; people who enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of peers and look for workarounds when their first (or second) attempts don’t work.
Come work with us, in our new R&D Center in Bucharest, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion.
The new R&D Center in Bucharest focuses on developing innovative solutions for high performance measurement devices in cutting-edge areas of fixed and mobile networks (CATV, Copper, Ethernet, Optical, 5G).The major objective(s) for this position are:
- Working with the Product Marketing and other development teams on product requirements
- Developing software products through the Software Development LifeCycle, following adequate software development processes
- Creating solutions that are Innovative, High Quality and meet the needs of the customer both from a content perspective and from a time to market perspective
- Coaching junior software engineers
Key Development Skills:
- Proficiency in C++
- OO Design Methodology (OOPS, OOAD)
- Task based Operating system knowledge (Linux preferred)
- Unit/Class Test background (Test Driven development)
- Experience with version control systems: GIT, SubVersion, etc.
- Experience in software toolchains, RTOS’, Embedded Linux, bare metal development
- Have experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably some flavor of Scrum, on multiple projects
- Qt knowledge for UI Development
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP, 802.11, Bluetooth)
- Experience with project tracking software with the ability to drive in an Agile fashion, preferably with the Atlassian Tool Chain (Confluence, JIRA, etc.).
- Domain skills: DOCSIS, xDSL, Cable test equipment, Telco test equipment
- Exposure to communication protocols, MATLAB, FPGA, DSP
- Mobile application development experience
- MVC Design methodology (Knowledge of design patterns)
- Both Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and Waterfall development processes
- Real-time or near real-time design background
- Laboratory measurement tools
- Markup language experience – XML/QML/JSON
- BSCS/BSCE/BSEE or MS preferred
What we offer:
- Very competitive package
- Possibility to work on attractive projects
- Possibility to be part of a young team and make an impact on its growth
- State-of-the-art office environment, easily accessible by public transportation
- Be part of a dynamic, multi-national company